Sunday, February 26, 2006

Blog Entry Assignment # 3

1. Before this blog assignment, had you ever kept a journal, diary, or blog?
No: this class is the first time that I have organized all my thoughts in a single area, my blog.

2. Before this blog assignment, had you ever written about art before?
A Few Times: 2-d has really been the first time that I have formally been required to write about my work. Before this course I really never even commented about what I thought about my pieces. However I have written various papers on other artist's work for different classes. My first class in college, I was required to write about all different forms of art I found interesting, mostly things I witnessed. Things such as gallery shows, theater performances, the opera.

3. Have you ever written for fun?
Often: In high school I really liked writing research papers, because I enjoyed looking up topics I was interested in and finding out about new information. I also enjoy writing short fiction stories, this was also mostly done in high school.

4. When writing, do you use a dictionary or thesaurus?
Dictionary: I usually write every thing out I want to say and them go back with a dictionary.

5. If given a chance, would you rather discuss art verbally or through written means?
Verbally: I find it easy to think more openly about art when talking. Sometimes my thoughts change quickly thinking about art. Writing is not as efficient as verbally explaining you thoughts on artwork.

6. How would you rate your overall vocabulary?
Average

7. How would you rate your vocabulary of art terminology?
Average

8. How would you rate your writing abilities?
Average

9. How would you rate your writing abilities when writing about art?
Average

10. How would you rate your ability to use specific vocabulary when writing?
Average

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home