Friday, April 28, 2006

Blog Entry Assignment #6

1. After completing this blog, will you ever write about art again?
Yes- I feel that it is a good learning experience to be able to view art work and then put that information down in writing. By doing so I can concentrate more on my own thoughts about art, compositions or anything else. It allows me to be open with myself as I write thinking as I go about new ideas. Also when I write about art I am learning new processes in art and becoming exposed to various artists.

2. How often did you use Art vocabulary in your writing?
extensively- In every blog a wrote, I tried to tie in concepts from my own artwork or from ideas expressed in class. Some blog I accomplished this much more extensively than others.

3. How would you rate your personal research involved in this assignment?
Above Average- Each blog I posted I put a lot of thought into the images I choose. Once chosen I spent a lot of time looking through notes, finding information on the web about artistic themes I could uncover about each composition. I liked relating not only the work I was doing in 2-D with this blog but also ideas that I was learning about in my other art classes.

4. When writing did you ever use a dictionary or thesaurus?
Neither- However I did look up the vocabulary from assignment sheets as well as ideas that were in my notes.

5. Has your interest in new or different forms of art increased?
Yes- By writing these blogs I have been constantly trying to find good imaginary to represent different concepts. In doing so, I have become interested in many different meiums. One being photography, I was very impressed at how much I learned about expression and feeling.

6. How would you rate your overall vocabulary?
Average

7. How would you rate your vocabulary of art terminology?
Above Average- By looking up notes and writing in this blog, I have been able to retain more of the terms and concepts learned than what I would have from just being in class.

8. How would you rate your writing abilities?
Confident- I really enjoy writing especially when I comes to topics I enjoy, so writing this blog was fairly easy for me. I do sometimes worry that while I am trying to think about an idea and write it, the words I do write down do not appear how I envisioned them to look.

9. How would you rate your writing abilities when writing about art?
Confident- I like learning about art and by writing about it I am learning.

10. How would you rate your ability to use specific vocabulary when writing?
Above Average

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home